The Social Committee have been doing advanced planning for a club social trip to White Sands Estate (Bicheno) on the Launceston Recreation Day long weekend in November (Saturday 2 November – Monday 4 November 2019). White Sands offers a range of cabins sleeping 4, 5 & 8 people at a cost of $180/ room/night for 2 people plus $25/ night for each additional person. The resort can also cater for RVs and camper vans etc. The resort features: Brewhaus Bar and Café, Ironhorse Brewery, Winery and Distillery. In addition, there are: A range of food and wine establishments, national parks, bush walks, beaches, crafts and galleries in close proximity. The plan is to travel there individually/car pooling etc on the Saturday and return on the Monday. Glenda has made preliminary bookings for 10 cabins and we need to confirm these in the very near future. An announcement will be made over the next few Thursday nights and we will be taking expressions of interest. We hope that you will come along for a great time of fellowship and getting to know each other. Family, friends and other Rotarians are all welcome. For more information, please contact Glenda, Les, Kevin or Toni.
- How Rotary Youth Exchange builds resilience
- Manning the gates at the Launceston Show.
- President Harry Galea’s notes (3rd Oct 2019)
- Cheque presentation of $5,000 by President Harry to Rotarian Di Butler for the Women’s Centre Tarime, Tanzania
- Hard at work in Fiji – Rotarian Graeme LeFevre holding the tape measure for Dale Luck. Obviously Graeme has fallen to sleep.